We would like to say “thank you” to the many industry specific, agricultural, entertainment, news and general market media for the support we receive each and every year. We are working to assist you in any way possible as we look to the upcoming National Western Stock Show in January. Please feel free to contact us to arrange interviews with our CEO and President, Executive team, Rodeo, Horse and Livestock Directors as well as contestant, performers and any behind the scenes personnel to help tell the story.
For the best response please contact the Marketing/PR department at email@example.com
- Karen Woods
Senior Director of Marketing & PR
- Danielle Lewis
Website, Graphic & Creative Services
- Janet Kline
NWSS Media Credentials are issued to broadcast, print and internet media assigned to cover the National Western Stock Show. Requests must be submitted by the assigning authority at the media outlet (editor, news director, broadcast producer). Credentials will be issued to authorized personnel, employed by the media outlet for the purpose of providing timely news coverage of NWSS. Employment verification may be requested (business card, photo id, name on website). NWSS media credentials will not be issued to marketing, promotions, sales, advertising, public relations, personnel.
Freelance journalists are required to submit an assignment letter from the general manager, editor or news director, on official letterhead of the media outlet, and will only receive media credentials if on assignment. Production companies are required to submit a letter from their broadcast organization providing details of the editorial coverage and footage required. Media credentials for freelance photographers without assignment will not be granted.
Online/social media will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Only media with active news websites qualify for credential consideration. The website must post original, dated and industry related news on a regular basis. Social media without supporting news website will not be considered.
Commercial Use of Photographs
Commercial use of photographs, video and film taken at NWSS is strictly prohibited without full written consent of the NWSS Media department.
No Sale of Photographs
The sale of photographs taken at NWSS is strictly prohibited.
Logoed photographs are strictly prohibited. Shooting images and placing a photographers logo on any images taken at NWSS is strictly forbidden.
Media Credential Access
A NWSS Media Credential provides media access to grounds events, activities and Events Center shows in approved areas. The NWSS Media Credential does not give access to cover rodeo events in the Coliseum. Media wishing to cover the rodeo must obtain a separate daily credential from the Rodeo Media Office located in the Coliseum. Space in credentialed areas is very limited; therefore access may be restricted at certain times.
If you require specific access to an area on a select occasion, please contact the Media department. Submitting a credential request form does not guarantee media access. All requests are processed and applying media will be notified. Requests received during the 16-day Stock Show require 24 hours for processing. Credentials are not transferable and the NWSS reserves the right to cancel accreditation at any time.
Photographs, video, audio, or other depictions of NWSS activities/events must be used for the accredited media stated on the NWSS media credential form.Apply For Media Credentials Here
Media and Sponsorship Lounge
NW Complex Building
3rd floor, Hall of Education
Media credential distribution hours: TBD
Press Release: The 115th National Western Stock Show postponed until January 2022September 14, 2020
FAQ’s for 115th National Western Stock ShowSeptember 14, 2020
NW in the News
- Sept 24, 2018 – National Western Stock Show Catch-a-Calf Contest entering its 82nd year [ read ]
- Sept 21, 2018 – Greeley’s Bob Tointon named Citizen of the West [ read ]
- Sept 4, 2018 – Denver planning chief to lead overhaul of stock show grounds [ read ]
- June 26, 2018 – National Western Stock Show site preps for $756M overhaul (PHOTOS) [ read ]
- Jan. 21, 2018 – National Western Stock Show ends after welcoming more than 700,000 to Denver in 2018 [ read ]
- Jan. 11, 2018 – A Colorado native and a transplant walk into the National Western Stock Show… [ read ]
- Jan. 8, 2019 – Record crowds turn out for National Western Stock Show’s opening weekend [ read ]
- Jan. 6, 2018 – ‘The Superbowl of livestock’: National Western Stock Show opens [ read ]
- Jan. 4, 2018 – PHOTOS: The National Western Stock Show parade 2018 [ read ]
- Jan. 4, 2018 – A guide to the National Western Stock Show 2018, from 1,000 new free parking spaces to miniature cattle to classic rodeo [ read ]