Become a Stock Show Volunteer
January 8-23, 2022
Help put on the best 16 days in January!
The mission of the National Western Volunteer Program is to assist management and staff of the National Western in providing top-quality service for exhibitors, patrons, and guests. We are a year-round facility and often shows renting our facility request volunteers to assist with their shows.
Volunteers have the opportunity to volunteer in many areas including the Kids Activity Pavilion, Coors Western Art Room, Guest Services, Horse and Livestock Show, Educational Programs, Information Booths, Photography, Ticket Taking, Administrative Support, and many other special events during the year.
- By committing to 30 hours or more per year, volunteers have a choice of either 2 horse show tickets or 2 rodeo tickets on specific dates which will be issued during credential pick-up at the Volunteer Kick-Off Party.
- Volunteers receive a grounds admittance badge. This must be worn at all times.
- Volunteers will receive a name badge to be worn on the volunteer uniform at all times.
- Volunteers will receive a “years of service” pin at 5-year intervals at the Volunteer Appreciation Party.
- A parking permit is provided in designated lots for parking during volunteer shifts.
- Participation in training sessions depending on volunteer service area.
- Discount meal coupons are available in the Volunteer Center.
- Invitation to the Kick-Off and Appreciation Parties.
- Liaisons will recognize deserving volunteers within their service area.
Gifts for volunteering a certain number of hours in January during the Stock Show and rewards for a certain number of hours for volunteering at National Western Complex Shows during the rest of the year. See below for specific volunteer reward hours.
- Required Yearly Volunteer hours (30 Hours)
- Accrue from January 1 thru December 31st
Off-Season Awards (starting February 1st)
- Off-Season (other than Stock Show dates) (February 1st – December 31)
- Volunteers who volunteered 60 hours between February 1 – December 31st will receive an award at Stock Show Kick-Off Party.
Stock Show Awards (January 1 – January 31st – Volunteer Priority Hours)
- Volunteers who contribute 30 hours will receive a gift.
- Volunteers who contribute 45 hours will receive a gift.
- Volunteers who contribute 60 hours will receive a gift.
*Stock Show award rules:
Please come to the Volunteer Center when you have reached your volunteer award hours.
New Volunteer Orientation
We are currently conducting New Volunteer Orientations virtually via Zoom throughout the year. We use volunteers year-round.
Fill out an application for more information!
If you have questions, please reach out to Kellie Lombardi.
Student volunteers ages 16 and up, (high school and college) are only required to provide 2 day and 2 evening shifts or 4 evening shifts during the Stock Show in January. Be sure to select “student volunteer” on your volunteer application.
Local business and club volunteer opportunities
We have opportunities for companies and clubs who would like to volunteer for a day. Please contact the Director of Volunteer Services, email@example.com